Since its establishment in 2010, the CMRAP, has been involved in different facets of Malaria and Phytomedicinal research as shown in chart below:
Future Research Focus
* Mosquito Menace in UPTH: Solution.
* Rivers State malaria survey: to evaluate, monitor and review the WHO T3 programme.
* Blood group and Malaria: to develop new targets for antimalarial drugs & vaccines to reduce the global malaria burden.
* Traditional Medicinal plants and Malaria: to discover new plants thatare relevant in the treatment of malaria and other related diseases.
* Plasmodium diversity and drug resistant genotype mapping: to map the molecular diversity of plasmodium and drug-resistant genotypes in the Niger Delta region.
* Gametocyte study: To study the transmission dynamics of malaria in Port Harcourt.
* Malaria Vector control and Biology: To improve vector control in the country, and the control of the breeding and infectivity of the Anopheles mosquito.
* Malaria diagnosis (Microscopy, RDT & Molecular methods)and treatment: To promote malaria case management capacity of health institutions in Rivers State.
* Research into the transmission dynamics of residual malaria.